Skip to main content

March Goals

 

I’ve been trying to write a recap of 2020 crafting for the last two months. It’s very odd that I’ve been stopping myself from writing other posts because I “must” recap what has honestly been one of the weirdest years in history. Not that my craft has been weird of course, but small acts like photographing everything felt overwhelming at times last year and I’m taking it as a personal success that at least things are recorded on Ravelry.

 

So I’m going to try a more regular check in, I’m currently working on a variety of WIPs and I’d love to aim for at least a monthly update on where they stand and new cast ons or ideas.

 

Current WIPS

 

Shine Shawl:

 

This is being worked in some yarn my parents bought for me as a Christmas present from their trip to Scotland in the few non-lockdown weeks we had last summer. They picked out 3 colours for me a lovely tomato red, a deep sandy yellow and a rich chocolate brown. They’re tweedy and they have occasional pops of the other colours in each of them which works really well. The pattern I’m using is called Shine! By Sylvia McFadden and has been in my queue since 2016. I’m not quite sure why it’s been in my queue for that long as it ticks a lot of my boxes – squishy garter but with some short row interest and also comes up as quite a large shawl but it’s perfect for this yarn and I really love working on it. The only downside is lots of ends; I’m trying to be on top of weaving them in, at least once a week!

 

Black Dragon Socks

 

There’s not a giant amount to say about these – they’re a pair of plain socks. These are my easy brainless knitting, or my meeting knitting. I’d hoped to get these finished in Feb, but I managed to only get 1 and a bit done but that’s also okay. These are going to be for my husband.

 

Verity

This is a really interesting jumper construction, starting with the collar and then working both of the arms (separately) before working the body. I’m working this in West Yorkshire Spinners signature 4ply which feels like my go to yarn at the moment. It’s great, good for socks and garments and it’s a reasonable price. I love my fancy yarns and especially my indie dyed ones but also being a bigger human dropping £60 on a garment is a lot. This is a good compromise as it’s still wool (and nylon) rather than acrylic, but it’s more affordable than independent dyed; and rightly so as it’s more mass produced!

 

Love note

When I was on a retreat in February everyone was making or wearing a Love Note! Combined with Tin Can Knits sale I HAD to cast one on. I’m working with a BFL yarn that’s been in my stash for forever. I also KNOW I had 4 balls (50g) of each colour when I started, but now can only find 3.  Even with all 4 it may have been close on yardage; but we shall see. The yarn was discontinued when I bought it and that was many years ago! Luckily John Arbon’s Devonia seems to be a good fit and while obviously I won’t get a good colour match I’m thinking either a gold or black to complement the grey and the blue.

 

d'Histoire Naturelle Scheepjes CAL 2020

 

Adding this in here as a reminder I’d like to work on it more this month. This last month’s work on it has been, well 0. It’s currently “away” in the craft room and I think if I move to down to the living room it’ll get worked on much more frequently.

 


Cast On Plans

 

Socks of Some Sort

Yet to be decided but I hope I’ll finish the Black Dragon socks before the end of the month. I’m itching to cast on another pair of peppermintoes because of course I am. I have some Dragon Hill Yarns mini egg colour that would be good as it’s Easter at the start of April but we shall see when I finish this pair.

 

Hamilton Hat

I’ve pulled the yarn ready to wind for this. I’m missing theatre so much and having a hat with Hamilton quotes on it will make me so happy!

 

Nordic Tea Cozy

When I was having a winding party I wound the minis for this. My 4mm needles are in my Pop! Shawl so this might have to wait until I finish that OR find more 4mm needles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

Welcome back!

 It's been a good few years since I wrote here on this blog. Throughout 2020 I've had thoughts of dusting it off and starting again, and here I am. If it sticks; I'm not sure - but I'd like to try. What's happened since 2018? Quite a bit really, in October 2018 I got a promotion at work, that involved a lot of travelling and in May 2019 we bought our first home, finally getting off the rental market. We've done a lot of work on the house - and I might do a post all about that at some point in the future. We've already experienced some of the "bigger" home owner things - like needing a new boiler as well as the smaller things like decorating. We've both been lucky during 2020 as we're able to work from home, and although my job has been busier than ever we've not had to suffer through furlough or redundancies. I've also been much happier to weather this storm in our own home, rather than our last rented place! 2020 also had it's

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started