Skip to main content

YOP- Week 3

 

I must say this last week I’ve been bad! I’ve worked on my YOP items a little, but got seduced by those sweet little owl mitts that were in last weeks F.O Friday post. That combined with sadness and commission knitting means I’ve only got a few rows done on my never ending Granny.

The end though is within sight; the second balls of each colour seem to be going down very quickly. I’m still undecided if I’ll need a third ball of each colour; though that would mean buying yarn- and having to order off the internet; and may end up playing the “Oh no, that colour was discontinued!” game- which is no fun. I’m thinking if I have to order I’ll get one more ball in each colour, plus one in a cream/brown/beige to go round the edge in to fully finish off the blanket.

After 3 weeks I hoped my Done list would be better than this. Woah, that’s pathetic!

Done!

Teapot Cosy (Ravellenic Games entry)

Things that must be done before other things
Durrow (WIP- Needs sleeves and a neck edging)
Never ending Granny Square Blanket (3 more balls to crochet in)
Baby Cardigan (half a back, two sleeves)
Beth’s Socks
Zpagetti Bag (for Beth)


Things that are in no particular order
Whoobie Owl
Crochet Socks for Rhys
Crochet Socks for me
Cow Tipping Toy
Thundersnow Bag
From Norway with Love (Can’t wait to start this one. New winter hat- I think so!)
Star Trek Socks (For Rhys- Who else!)
Mojo
Vertigo
Francie
Piece of my Heart Socks

Wisteria

I’m being very good at the moment. I had the urge to start a Wisteria pretty much as soon as I saw the pattern last night. I bought it straight away, and I rarely do that for a purchase pattern. That sounds horrible, but with our income at the moment I can buy yarn or I can buy patterns. Yarn usually wins out.

*drool* – Picture from the Ravelry page

I even took my lace weight to work to wind (they’re borrowing my ball winder- and it’s easier to do it there) but ended up working on my commission hat and having a good old natter instead. Temptation avoided! I really do want to start it, and I’ve added it to my *want* list. I’m hoping to have the hat finished tomorrow night, then a big chunk of the blanket finished on Monday. Then I’m going to cast on something new; probably my sisters socks. Although I need the ball winder for that too! I suppose if I finish my blanket earlier I’ll have to work on some WIPs before Tuesday morning!

Comments

  1. Wow you put my knitting progress to shame!! I am on third go of top down after ripping back again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started

Staycation

Hello all! I’ve had a very busy weekend with my parents being down. While waiting for them to come down I got another 4 squares done on my sock yarn blanket. The left two are from a special mini skein I was given several years ago. I’m not entirely sure when I got given it, but it was a very small skein, probably under 20 yards. Just right to add into my blanket and serve as a reminder though! Saturday we went to Dyffryn gardens – A national trust property that they’re working on restoring. None of us are gardeners, but there was such a lovely selection – In the summer I’ll borrow more photos off my mum’s camera as I thought I’d forgotten mine for the start. Rhys was very enamoured by the cactus room. Sunday we were up and off an on. We went on some Segway’s at Chepstow diving centre, as we booked so late 9am was the only time slot, which was nice as we got to have the rest of the day to ourselves. Poor Mum fell off at the last bit (she’d misjud