Skip to main content

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up!

2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year.

Yarn Craft wise,I've used  19,586 Meters in 41 Projects

For comparison

2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects
2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects
2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects

This year that breaks down as

4 Hats,
17 Pairs of Socks,
14 Shawls and a scarf
4 Blankets
1 Pair of Mittens,

I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017.


Hats



Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too!

Socks 

This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started doing a longer ribbing, 20 rows, where as before I'd do maybe 5 or 6 tops. I still am not overly in love with doing ribbing, but the fit it gives to my socks is so much better; it is actually worth it. In March I switched to doing my socks on 2.25mm needles instead of 2.5, which has made an incredible difference to the fit of my socks.



Shawls



Lots of lovely shawls this year and a lot of lovely Indie Dyed Yarns - In fact the only 2 commercial ones are the Debbie Bliss Loli, the woven shawl and the Grimes shawl!

Blankets and Mittens

This was certainly the year of blankets, 3 baby blankets for 3 delightful little ones and an adult sized blanket for me! Its wise here to notice that all 4 are crocheted; I love the way crochet works up for blankets, the textures and the quickness of working up really speak to me!

Thrummed mittens were for Kirstie's Birthday - they were so warm and I can't wait to make myself a pair at some point.



Going into 2017 the stash stands at a whopping 83,787.5 meters. That's 52 miles, or from my house to Swindon! I'd better get knitting!

I'm really hoping to end 2017 with less yarn in the stash then that!

Comments

  1. What a busy year and they all look absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome back!

 It's been a good few years since I wrote here on this blog. Throughout 2020 I've had thoughts of dusting it off and starting again, and here I am. If it sticks; I'm not sure - but I'd like to try. What's happened since 2018? Quite a bit really, in October 2018 I got a promotion at work, that involved a lot of travelling and in May 2019 we bought our first home, finally getting off the rental market. We've done a lot of work on the house - and I might do a post all about that at some point in the future. We've already experienced some of the "bigger" home owner things - like needing a new boiler as well as the smaller things like decorating. We've both been lucky during 2020 as we're able to work from home, and although my job has been busier than ever we've not had to suffer through furlough or redundancies. I've also been much happier to weather this storm in our own home, rather than our last rented place! 2020 also had it's

YOP- Week 3

  I must say this last week I’ve been bad! I’ve worked on my YOP items a little, but got seduced by those sweet little owl mitts that were in last weeks F.O Friday post. That combined with sadness and commission knitting means I’ve only got a few rows done on my never ending Granny. The end though is within sight; the second balls of each colour seem to be going down very quickly. I’m still undecided if I’ll need a third ball of each colour; though that would mean buying yarn- and having to order off the internet; and may end up playing the “Oh no, that colour was discontinued!” game- which is no fun. I’m thinking if I have to order I’ll get one more ball in each colour, plus one in a cream/brown/beige to go round the edge in to fully finish off the blanket. After 3 weeks I hoped my Done list would be better than this. Woah, that’s pathetic! Done! Teapot Cosy (Ravellenic Games entry) Things that must be done before other things Durrow (WIP- Needs sleeves and a neck edging) Never

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem