Skip to main content

2017 January Round Up



Yearly Round Up!

So it is in fact the start of March– but I’m just getting around to writing my yearly crafty wrap up post.

I didn’t really meet many of my goals. My stash is bigger then when I started the year and I didn’t do as much weaving or spinning as I wanted to. That’s fine – sometimes these goals are meant to be aspirational.

2017 did consist of 24 pairs of socks!





I think my most favourite are the first pair I made this year in Stylecraft’s Head Over Heels. My Advent TryAngles Socks are a close second.

Shawls? I made a few of those too. 7 in fact.

Waiting for Rain is my fave – closely followed by Belle Filles; because it used my hand spun!

Hats! 4 of those. Now I have longer hair I feel I can wear more hats – without looking like someone who has unfortunately lost it all.



The “other” has also been a bit varied this year – 2 pairs of fingerless gloves and a pair of thrummed slippers which were all interesting knits indeed.


I also started my scrap yarn blanket and knitted 132 squares.

In 2017 I used 13,752 meters in 40 projects

In comparison
2017 was 19,586 meters in 41 projects
2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects
2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects
2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects

I ended the year with 92944.6 meters in Stash. Eep!

Goals for 2018 are pretty simple.

Cold-ish Sheep. First aim is to get to Wonderwool at the end of April without purchasing. Between now and then I’m going to have a think about what I actually want or need. There will (most likely) be yarn – but maybe rather than yarn I should think about what equipment I have and want to upgrade.

12 pairs of socks – work down that sock yarn stash as it provides a huge chunk of my yarn. Plus I wear my hand knit socks every day.

Make at least 1 thing with yarn from Wonderwool 2017 and one thing with yarn from Yarndale 2017 – That shouldn’t be too hard!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome back!

 It's been a good few years since I wrote here on this blog. Throughout 2020 I've had thoughts of dusting it off and starting again, and here I am. If it sticks; I'm not sure - but I'd like to try. What's happened since 2018? Quite a bit really, in October 2018 I got a promotion at work, that involved a lot of travelling and in May 2019 we bought our first home, finally getting off the rental market. We've done a lot of work on the house - and I might do a post all about that at some point in the future. We've already experienced some of the "bigger" home owner things - like needing a new boiler as well as the smaller things like decorating. We've both been lucky during 2020 as we're able to work from home, and although my job has been busier than ever we've not had to suffer through furlough or redundancies. I've also been much happier to weather this storm in our own home, rather than our last rented place! 2020 also had it's

YOP- Week 3

  I must say this last week I’ve been bad! I’ve worked on my YOP items a little, but got seduced by those sweet little owl mitts that were in last weeks F.O Friday post. That combined with sadness and commission knitting means I’ve only got a few rows done on my never ending Granny. The end though is within sight; the second balls of each colour seem to be going down very quickly. I’m still undecided if I’ll need a third ball of each colour; though that would mean buying yarn- and having to order off the internet; and may end up playing the “Oh no, that colour was discontinued!” game- which is no fun. I’m thinking if I have to order I’ll get one more ball in each colour, plus one in a cream/brown/beige to go round the edge in to fully finish off the blanket. After 3 weeks I hoped my Done list would be better than this. Woah, that’s pathetic! Done! Teapot Cosy (Ravellenic Games entry) Things that must be done before other things Durrow (WIP- Needs sleeves and a neck edging) Never

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem