Skip to main content

Year of Projects–Week 22

 

22 weeks in already! This year is just flying by isn’t it. Very scary in it’s own way; but nearing my summer holiday in just 5 weeks time!

This week I’ve been working on;

Circles for my nephews blanket. I worked on this yesterday at my old LYS; they had some new colours in, including the yellow which I felt really lifts the whole thing up. I now have 12 more circles to crochet before I start making them into squares, joining and adding the border.

P1010994

The new thing I mentioned last week is that I’ve started on my Saxon; and it is going to be a rainbow one! Working on this makes me so happy, even if it is 10 strands at a time. My mother causally mentioned wanting a scarf version. If she does still want that; I’m going to buy one of those hand crank i-cord machines and do it with that instead. There’s no way I’m knitting 10 scarf length strips; sorry mam! I’m starting to wish my way towards the end a bit when the exciting bit happens! Make 10 strips, 10 stitches wide and 170 rows long sounds easy, until you actually realise that 100 stitches x 170 rows and by knitting them all at once unless you are careful you’ll end up in a taffle.

P1010992

I slipped and fell yesterday when I went back to the LYS in Gloucester and as well as the yellow and a spare ball of blue for the edging for the circle blanket I ended up with these goodies.

P1010996

I was looking at the mens patterns and immediately thought of my Dad when I saw this. Seeing how much he likes his knitted socks I thought that he’d like this too. The yarn in Woolcraft Linen Dream; mostly acrylic with a bit of wool and a bit of Linen in it. Looks like it will knit up very nicely. I’m planning on taking this with me as holiday knitting next month. I’ll probably adapt it to knit the front and back at the same time up to the arm holes because that will avoid a large amount of seaming.

P1010997

I couldn’t resist this handspun yarn. It’s from Squash Blossom Fibres a local spinner and dyer. 100% merino, I’d say approximately D.K weight (a little thick and thin in places- as the best handspun is!) and is 100% merino. There’s about 174 yards on this skein so I’m thinking a feather and fan cowl.

 

Anyway, off to wizz through a few more rows; finding it goes much quicker if there’s a good movie on. Tonight I’m watching The Princess Bride again <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started

Sad week

  We’re not having a very good week here in Gloucester. Sunday I was poorly and had to phone into work sick (I’m much better now) and then on Monday we had to have our oldest hamster put to sleep.  He’d been going downhill for the last few days, and when I got home from work on Monday, it wasn’t good, so the kindest thing to do was take him and have him humanely put to sleep, it would only have been a few hours if we’d have left him naturally anyway- best to put him out of his suffering. So then the next day we went back with Rommie the rat. She’s been having real trouble with balance, and she’s got so skinny even though she’s eating. The vet thinks she’s blind, and that it may be a brain tumour or an abscess on her brain. The only way to tell would be an MRI, and the best that could tell us is that there was something there; with a cat or dog there would be options but she’s a small animal and she’s old- Plus at the moment I wouldn’t be convinced that she’d make it through the anaes