Skip to main content

Year of Projects–Week 23

 

As you might have seen from Fridays post I’ve finished one of my YOP items!

At the moment I’m really enjoying taking part in encouragement threads on Ravelry, things to get you motivated and prioritized about actually doing this and not just sitting on them. I’m part of a monthly one and a Knit Your Shit – which is all about stashdown etc. On this one last month they asked about what do you NEED to do this month or in the case of larger projects need to start this month in order to finish. I managed to come up with….

  1. Durrow - Rhys wants this done; and to be honest I can’t blame him. It has been nearly a year. I have 1 big chart repeat and 1 small chart repeat to do on the sleeves. Due date, end of this month and then he can wear it when we go away in July if he wishes.

  2. Baby Things - My mum needs 2 baby jumpers for friends at work. Friend also needs baby something. Planning on doing these out of stash acrylic. Due date is probably middle of July before we come back to Wales so I don’t have to post. This is a Cast on as soon as something comes off the needles job.

  3. Nephews Blanket. Due date is his 1st Birthday 30th August.

  4. Year of projects! I should have at least 6 of them done by now, I have um; NOT. So always have something YOP wise on the needle

  5. I slipped and fell and bought a jumper pattern for dad’s Christmas present. It’s really simple square sleeved pullover and I want to work on it when we go away to Mums next month. For this I need to SWATCH and BLOCK it before June 30th; so I can cast on at the very start of next month.

 

This was written before I finished Saxon; so that’s at least part of no 3 done! One more to do this month to still be on track. Hopefully next month when I’m away for 2 weeks (3 weekends) will lead to more being done. I’ve soon got to choose what to pack!

This week I will force myself to work on 10 rows of Durrow a day and to work on it completely over the weekend; which looks to be thankfully another fairly quiet one. With any luck I can finish that this week.

The squares will be put aside for a bit, but taken up to my MILs on Sunday for fathers day if I get chance to do any while I’m there.

Speaking of which

P1020004P1020005

These horrible window ledge pictures show I’ve started edging them. I’ve done one of each colour so far; and I’m halfway through the rest of the whites. The aim is that as I finish one colour set I’ll weave in the ends so I don’t cry at the end of the blanket!

I’ve also started one of the baby things

 

P1020003

I can’t POSSIBLY think of a colour scheme going on it my work at the moment, can you? This is Tiny Trees Baby Vest ; knitted with DK yarn at a very loose tension, it’s on 5mm needles. The kind of fabric it creates though is very lush, soft and delicate which I like. Some of the tension on baby knitting patterns is bullet proof. I started this at lunch time, and I’m nearly up to diving for the sleeves now at 9pm at night. During which I also did my first BBQ ever; so I’m very happy with this.

So this now takes my list to…

FINISHED

Saxon

From Norway with Love

Choose your own Dragon Adventure

Dr Who Socks

Lizard Socks

IN PROGRESS

Durrow

PLANNED

Mary Warmers

Ziprelaxagon

Sitka Spruce

Mary Warmers

LLP Fingerless Mittens (Star Trek)

Francie

Across The Beach

Celestarium.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started

Sad week

  We’re not having a very good week here in Gloucester. Sunday I was poorly and had to phone into work sick (I’m much better now) and then on Monday we had to have our oldest hamster put to sleep.  He’d been going downhill for the last few days, and when I got home from work on Monday, it wasn’t good, so the kindest thing to do was take him and have him humanely put to sleep, it would only have been a few hours if we’d have left him naturally anyway- best to put him out of his suffering. So then the next day we went back with Rommie the rat. She’s been having real trouble with balance, and she’s got so skinny even though she’s eating. The vet thinks she’s blind, and that it may be a brain tumour or an abscess on her brain. The only way to tell would be an MRI, and the best that could tell us is that there was something there; with a cat or dog there would be options but she’s a small animal and she’s old- Plus at the moment I wouldn’t be convinced that she’d make it through the anaes