Skip to main content

Year of Projects–Week 25

 

Have I got a bumper load of Finished Objects for you this week! I’ve been a knitting machine, during the few hours I’ve been actually awake and today I managed to photograph a lot of recent finished garments too. Picture heavy post sorry!

Adams Rib Hoodie

P1020014

I made this garment specifically to wear at Wonderwool. I like it well enough, even though it’s not something I would normally wear. I seem to remember having a couple of problems with the pattern, there were places it wasn’t quite clear enough in my mind. Not a huge problem as I managed to finish it.

P1020015

I left off the Hood for yarn reasons. I actually bought a few new skeins of the yarn (Cascade 220) because I was worried I’d run out. I dipped into one of the extra skeins for a few rows only so it wasn’t really an issue. Even though this is wool, I see myself getting more use out of this in the summer months as a throw over a t-shirt garment rather than a deep winter one. It was however very good at keeping me warm at Wonderwool – though I still wore it over my hoodie.

P1020016

Durrow

P1020025

After just over a year of waiting (yes seriously!) Durrow is finally done for the OH.

 

P1020018

I encountered a few problems on the neckline (which still needs to be blocked here by the way- everything else has already been washed once) which would have been easily remedied by reading the project notes on Ravelry. By the time I got to the neck the majority of the fixes would have involved several hours of ripping and reknitting. Instead I went down a needle size and decreased a heck of a lot of stitches. It gives a passable result.

P1020019

I think my favourite part of this is the cable design. I would probably make this again, but I would use the cable pattern on the sleeves of a garment where the construction was better. He doesn’t seem to mind too much though; even though he’s wearing his “long suffering knitter boyfriend” face.

P1020022

 

Gemuitlich Gemutlich everywhere!

P1020020

I am in love with this pattern! I did raise an eyebrow at the cost. £5 is a lot for a pattern I think, but in this case it is really worth it. I know I will be using this for years to come. It’s a sweater pattern, with the option to have it button all the way down the side (Schlutti) partway down the neck (Gemutlich) and even to make a sleeping bag style thing (Leibkosung). The first 2 come in sizes from 6 months to 8 years which is also brilliant. I know I need to make at least 2 more of these in the next few weeks, but that should not be hard. These flew off the needles, 1 day each. The next may take a bit more time because of work; but I should be able to get one done a week at least.

P1020028

Granny Mandala Dishcloth

P1020027

Not a vast ton to say with this one. I wanted to try a new technique and my parents love getting round dishcloths. Match made in heaven.

Hare Vest

P1020010

Must say disappointed with this one. When will I ever learn that colourwork at a big gauge doesn’t work very well unless it’s knitted tightly. This one really could have got away with being on a needle size smaller and it wouldn’t have mattered. Shame really, but it will go in the pile anyway. Someone may like it more than me and have a bigger baby to fit it in!

That leaves me without a YOP project! For now I’m taking my time thinking about which one I want to do next. Next week I’ll post the list again because I’ve noticed some errors and duplication in there I want to sort out.

Hopefully see you again on Wednesday with a new WIP cast on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started

Sad week

  We’re not having a very good week here in Gloucester. Sunday I was poorly and had to phone into work sick (I’m much better now) and then on Monday we had to have our oldest hamster put to sleep.  He’d been going downhill for the last few days, and when I got home from work on Monday, it wasn’t good, so the kindest thing to do was take him and have him humanely put to sleep, it would only have been a few hours if we’d have left him naturally anyway- best to put him out of his suffering. So then the next day we went back with Rommie the rat. She’s been having real trouble with balance, and she’s got so skinny even though she’s eating. The vet thinks she’s blind, and that it may be a brain tumour or an abscess on her brain. The only way to tell would be an MRI, and the best that could tell us is that there was something there; with a cat or dog there would be options but she’s a small animal and she’s old- Plus at the moment I wouldn’t be convinced that she’d make it through the anaes