Skip to main content

Thinking about 2017 goals!

I'm currently laid up with what we think is Slapped Cheek. Slapped cheek is a thing that kids get, and my bosses daughter had a case. When it affects adults it shows up as joint pain and swelling and flu like symptoms. Ouch. As a result I can't do much knitting or spinning or crochet.

What else can I do but have a think about what my goals for 2017 should be?

My goals for 2016 were fairly simple
  1. 80/20 Yarn used to yarn bought ratio (We’ll see how this goes!)
  2. Finish using 2015’s Wonderwool yarn before 2016’s WW
    (Faberge, Sunny Days Shawlette, Pink Topaz) 
  3. 12 pairs of Socks in 2016

 So I managed 2 and 3, and the less said about goal 1 the better I suppose. I must have added at least 100 skeins or balls of yarn to the stash this year. To be fair, I did go to Canada (where I bought lots of yarn) and have a fortuitous year with Wonderwool this year. By comparison, I've used up around 60; which really is no mean feat.

Proposed Goals!*

1) Yarn Management! I'm still thinking I need something with stash management. Maybe I should try and reverse the ratios! 200g out for every 100g in!

2) Spinning! I'd like to spin at least 6 braids/quantities of fibre next year. That gives me 2 months per braid so should be doable.

3) Weaving I'd like to weave at least 4 things - One a quarter shouldn't be too hard. Even if it is just scrap yarn blankets for the animals at the shelter.

4) SOCKS 12 pairs of socks - this has become a non negotiable part of my knitting life. I'm mostly selfish; and I bet at least 8 pairs will be for me. No apologies, sock yarn is AMAZING and hand knitted socks are the.best.thing.ever

5) 4ply Scrap Management - So I have my Zoom Loom Blanket I'm in two minds as to if I just want to finish this damn thing already *or* if I want to keep going for next year. I really want to start a cozy memories blanket. Part of me is very tempted to just finish the Zoom Loom blanket before 2017 and devote 2017 to a cozy memories. Let me know what you think!


* Goals may be suitable to change at 0 notice. I'd like to revisit this post before the new year starts and see what's changed, or if any of the goals still appeal to me or not. In 2017 I'll probably check in once a quarter.



Comments

  1. This is the second episode I have watched as only just found you. I think your podcast is lovely and it's great that you don't use only indie yarns as, like you say, we can't all afford them. Last time I particularly liked your spinning chat as a while ago I won a skein of yarn and one of fibre. I bought a drop spindle, watched some you tube tutorials and look guiltily at said spindle on my bookshelf. Your rat pictures are cute and they were obviously much loved. What pet could ask for more? I think the more other podcasters mention you the more your viewers will grow. See you next time. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started

Sad week

  We’re not having a very good week here in Gloucester. Sunday I was poorly and had to phone into work sick (I’m much better now) and then on Monday we had to have our oldest hamster put to sleep.  He’d been going downhill for the last few days, and when I got home from work on Monday, it wasn’t good, so the kindest thing to do was take him and have him humanely put to sleep, it would only have been a few hours if we’d have left him naturally anyway- best to put him out of his suffering. So then the next day we went back with Rommie the rat. She’s been having real trouble with balance, and she’s got so skinny even though she’s eating. The vet thinks she’s blind, and that it may be a brain tumour or an abscess on her brain. The only way to tell would be an MRI, and the best that could tell us is that there was something there; with a cat or dog there would be options but she’s a small animal and she’s old- Plus at the moment I wouldn’t be convinced that she’d make it through the anaes