Skip to main content

Some F.O

It’s been a while since I’ve updated- especially a knitting while. I seem to be on a roll at the moment finishing off lots and lots of small projects. September has so far seen about 8 F.O’s, very few of which are photographed yet! But lets go through the ones from October and the one or two I’ve successfully photographed from this month too!

The problem is now that I’m working 5 days a week getting the time and the light to take decent photographs. I start work at 2pm, and on Thursdays I’m teaching Crochet in the mornings so I leave the house at 9am! If I have things to do in the morning before work it just all seems like a massive rush in order to get some photography time in the mornings and by 6pm it’s pretty dark, too dark to get decent pictures! Still, although I’d much rather be knitting/crochet and spinning all day it sadly doesn’t pay the bills.

This is a very badly blocked(!) Helena. The pattern is from Knitty. I love the patten, but not too enamoured by the yarn colour it’s in. I’m sure this dusky rose pink is someone else’s idea of heaven but not so much mine to be honest. I’m sure that someone will love it though. No intended baby yet; just one to add to my pile! The yarn is reclaimed from a charity shop sweater, part wool part acrylic if the memory serves well.

P1000894P1000913

Age of Brass and Steam: Ravelry Download (Free)

This is knitted in King Cole Riot which I describe as “poor mans Noro”. It’s nice, it really is and the colour changes are fantastic, it’s a single ply yarn like Noro so very splitty and you have to be careful as you knit so as not to break it. Great pattern, it came out a little bit smaller than I would have liked but next time I knit it I’ll just add in an extra section, I’d also use a 100% wool or other blockable yarn. The high acyrlic content (70%) of Riot makes it hard to block.
P1000897
P1000898

Owls Hat: Improvised Pattern

I originally bought one ball of this yarn for Rhys to see if he liked it. The plan was to knit Durrow out of it for him. He hated the yarn, his Autistic Specturm Disorder gives him aversions to specific textures that are unexplainable to most. Cotton Candy/Candyfloss sets him on edge, as does certain fabrics and this wool apparently. I’d much rather find out now than make him a whole jumper out of it and have him never wear it.

So instead I get a hat. With owls because I like owls. There’s tons of cable patterns floating around the internet for owls. I’m very surprised that the cable pattern didn’t show up too well, which was educational. I wouldn’t mind a jumper in this yarn but clearly it doesn’t have enough stitch definition for cables. I like cables on a jumper and what most Aran weight patterns are written with cables in mind. Great for accessories and I’m sure it would felt well though so I may use this yarn again.
P1000900
P1000902

Rhys Hat- Improvised Pattern

A fairly old F.O here but one I finally got around to weaving the ends into. I made Rhys a scarf with the orange yarn (which is still waiting to be photographed!) which is Stylecraft DK in Volcano. I added the black band for interest and because I was running out of yarn. Hopefully one he will get plenty of wear out of this winter.
P1000904

My Socks: Generic Toe Up, Slip Stitch Heel Formula- Knot Another Hat

Great formula for socks. As all the sock yarn I buy is of a similar weight and knits at a similar gauge then this is going to become my default pattern. It’s going to be my guide for socks with cables and for the colourwork socks I have in the plans. It’s also the pattern I’m using for Rhys socks that are OTN at the minute. Can’t fault the pattern but you do have to be okay at and like doing maths and tension squares!
P1000908

Baby Owl Cardigan- Adapted Pattern

This yarn was bought for a heavily cabled baby jumper. Naturally because of the marling in the yarn it wasn’t going to work. Instead this plain little jacket with 2 owls on the front by the button bands.

P1000915
P1000916

Jims Dog- Rowan Pattern in Simply Knitting

Don’t look to closely at my embroidery skills! He’s trying to work as a little doorstop, but instead he’s going to sit on Jims desk. Done as a favour for a guy at knit night. If I make the pattern again I’d do it with larger yarn and bigger needles. The dog is actually very small, even for a children’s toy.

 

Right, that’ll do for now. This isn’t counting the 5 other F.O’s I’ve not photographed and the 3/4 WIP’s on the needles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started

Staycation

Hello all! I’ve had a very busy weekend with my parents being down. While waiting for them to come down I got another 4 squares done on my sock yarn blanket. The left two are from a special mini skein I was given several years ago. I’m not entirely sure when I got given it, but it was a very small skein, probably under 20 yards. Just right to add into my blanket and serve as a reminder though! Saturday we went to Dyffryn gardens – A national trust property that they’re working on restoring. None of us are gardeners, but there was such a lovely selection – In the summer I’ll borrow more photos off my mum’s camera as I thought I’d forgotten mine for the start. Rhys was very enamoured by the cactus room. Sunday we were up and off an on. We went on some Segway’s at Chepstow diving centre, as we booked so late 9am was the only time slot, which was nice as we got to have the rest of the day to ourselves. Poor Mum fell off at the last bit (she’d misjud