Skip to main content

Sludge

 

Life feels a little at the moment like wading through treacle. I know that it’s grief for Corwin and that eventually I will come out the other side of the storm but it’s a long, slow burning loss that’s just taking it’s time and robbing a lot of joy from my life. Esk’s death hit me hard, but fast – non moving from my bed for a few days, having to stay off work but with Corwin’s passing I was able to go back the next day. I’ve not cried since the night we lost him and maybe that’s why it’s still hurting? I maybe need to put on a good cry movie tomorrow and let it all out.

I’m also feeling decidedly un-christmasy as well. Boo! Hopefully it’ll pick up before the actual holidays again.

 

Gosh so depressing! Anyway lets have some Finished Objects

 

P1030156

November’s Socks eventually got done. I went for BroadRipple – which seems to be my default quick pattern. Yarn is Superba Mexico which is bright and cheerful. Short socks, but I like em.

 

P1030177P1030178

Next up and and modeled by my beautiful assistant is a Maple Leaf Shawl.

P1030179P1030181

The Yarn Is EasyKnits.co.uk’s Big Boy in Plumber – a lovely bright Mario inspired Red. This used only 1 skein for me, despite the pattern yardage stating it should take 2. Regardless I think it blocked out into a decent sized shawl, and I have a skein of the yummy yarn for me. In which I might even repeat this pattern.

 

P1030183

The pattern was great – and it takes a lot for me to say that about a non charted pattern. Some of the lines are very long – but sections are split up by the use of semi colons to idicate where a marker goes. Every time you get to a semi colon you should have got to a marker and if not you can just tink back that section. The only other comment I have is THE ENDS! Because of the way the shawl is constructed expect many many ends. I think I counted 50. Take your time weaving them in, and do them after blocking as this requires an extreme stretch to get a nice size.

P1030167

I’ve started December’s Sock Club socks. They’re for Rhys – and that’s a Star Trek Logo on there. This is the second time of trying as the colour work was just too tight on the first go round. I’ve changed the colour work to a 3.0mm Needle – and knitted inside out to help keep the tension loose. Luckily Rhys just wants plain socks on the leg and foot so I’ve very nearly finished the toe of the first one.

P1030199

And Finally I managed to finish a little star ornament for my diet consultant as a Thank You for Christmas. She’s been ever so good to me and I’m raring to go again in the New Year (Chirstmas is impossible to be on a diet really!)

P1030204

Comments

  1. Great work, Hannah! That shawl is crazy in all sorts of wonderful ways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

Sad week

  We’re not having a very good week here in Gloucester. Sunday I was poorly and had to phone into work sick (I’m much better now) and then on Monday we had to have our oldest hamster put to sleep.  He’d been going downhill for the last few days, and when I got home from work on Monday, it wasn’t good, so the kindest thing to do was take him and have him humanely put to sleep, it would only have been a few hours if we’d have left him naturally anyway- best to put him out of his suffering. So then the next day we went back with Rommie the rat. She’s been having real trouble with balance, and she’s got so skinny even though she’s eating. The vet thinks she’s blind, and that it may be a brain tumour or an abscess on her brain. The only way to tell would be an MRI, and the best that could tell us is that there was something there; with a cat or dog there would be options but she’s a small animal and she’s old- Plus at the moment I wouldn’t be convinced that she’d make it through the anaes

Maggie and Gytha

  On Sunday we returned home from a wonderful weekend away in Chester. When we got home and the girls saw us Gytha slinked out of their bed and came to the bars – which was incredibly strange for her. Never one for cuddles, she was always a bright spark and on the move. Petting her she felt cold, so I scooped her up and cuddled her in to my jumper to try and warm her up. We sat like that for a while, me stroking her head until she just slipped away. By the time we realised what was happening she was gone. Incredibly peacefully, almost like she waited for me to come back.   Shortly after returning from the vets (we have our animals cremated, with ashes back) Maggie started to wheese horribly. Gasping for air, crackling lungs. Fine before we left on the weekend, fine when we returned – an easy assumption is stress and grief for her sister. A return trip to the vets, where she was placed in an oxygen kennel but struggled every time she was brought out in the normal air. No way to