Skip to main content

May wrap up

Time to recap on my May Goals!

Spin 50g of fibre – I’ve picked out some 21 micron Merino tops I bought last year from Wingham Wool works at Wonderwool.
 




Yes! At the end of the month I just had 2 colours left from the 250g bag of fibre. I'm really hoping that this month I'll have a finished plyed yarn to show you guys. I'm planning on N-Plying to keep the colour sequence intact.

Knit the next Segment of the Tree skirt. 5/11 – nearly half way done!

 
Done! I'm so so over this project at the moment. A section a month though keeps it managable I suppose.


Socks! Planorbis Corneus is my pattern this month



 Done! Loved this pattern - my yarn bled so so much over my hands. Loved this pattern so much I bought the e-book; I'm really looking forward to working the remainder of the patterns as they come up.

I found these this morning and Rhys put them through the washing machine. Basically they've felted :( RIP Socks. Most gutting part is I never even got to wear them once! So frustrating. I will probably knit this pattern again at some point though - and I'm still counting them as one of my 12 in 15 socks!

Weave 10 squares on my Zoom Loom
 
Overachieved! I've made 32 last month. I'm hoping to keep the momentum up this month. I still have a lot of sock scraps to weave; but I have finished up a few little balls already. I'm hoping to get up to date with this within the next few months. I'm thinking July might be a very good time at my Mums to get all caught up. The only problem is it that I'm adding a ball a month when I'm finishing my socks!


Finish Cas Dragon


Nope - I ran out of yarn. Yarn is on order (along with a million other things - this should be an amazing post week!) June for sure.

Complete a set (5 colours) of stripes on Annalise’s blanket




Nope - Got a few more stripes done, but not a full set. At the moment anything is a bonus on this. I have until January 2016 to finish this so it's not as if I'm on a tight tight deadline.


Start Here Be Dragones
 

Done! Well started at least. I've completed the "easy" rows. I'm hoping to devote weekends to knitting this as it will require a lot of brains. Lifelines are going to really really be my friend.


Start Everdeen – I’m hoping that this might be “easy” enough to do when Mum and Dad are down, and to take with me for knit and natters until you get to the lace part at the bottom. I’ve not bought the pattern yet though!



So Everdeen was constructed entirely the "wrong" way round for what I wanted. The lace edging is knitted first with stitches picked up and then short rows worked. Lovely pattern and I will knit it but with deadlines and the like it's really NOT what I wanted this month.

So I started Celtic Myths. I posted here with the tiny nub on the 13th. Last night (the 31st) I hit 325 stitches and started the edging chart! I'm beading every other row so it's taking a little time now. I'm really hoping to get this one finished this month.

Maybe, time permitting start “The Dress” - who knows - dream big!

I swatched! Twice, and got gage with 4.5mm wooden needle. I've not managed to cast on yet but I'm really hoping to this month!

JUNE GOALS

Socks - The Art of Fugue
Finish Spinning the Merino and Ply it
12 Zoom Loom Squares
Finish Cas Dragon
Complete Set of 5 colours on the blanket - ambitious again but we shall see.
Finish chart 1 of Here Be Dragones
Finish Celtic Myths
Get 6 inches into Icon

Again a really ambitious month; but hopefully whittling down the WIPs. When I've finished Celtic Myths I'm not going to cast on anything else to replace it. That will take me down to 7 active WIPs, when I finish Cas Dragon that will take me down to 6.

Hopefully I'll have chance to finish Whiphoorwhill AND the blanket in June and bring it down again to a much more respectable 4!

Though I suppose that the Zoom blanket, Annalise's Blanket and the Christmas Tree skirt are all long term projects. Though I'm still itching to cast on something knew!

I do plan on replacing the spinning project. I have some Baby Yak I started spinning a few months ago that I really should finish before I start on some new fibre. I won a lovely braid last month though so I'm very tempted to start on that instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started

Sad week

  We’re not having a very good week here in Gloucester. Sunday I was poorly and had to phone into work sick (I’m much better now) and then on Monday we had to have our oldest hamster put to sleep.  He’d been going downhill for the last few days, and when I got home from work on Monday, it wasn’t good, so the kindest thing to do was take him and have him humanely put to sleep, it would only have been a few hours if we’d have left him naturally anyway- best to put him out of his suffering. So then the next day we went back with Rommie the rat. She’s been having real trouble with balance, and she’s got so skinny even though she’s eating. The vet thinks she’s blind, and that it may be a brain tumour or an abscess on her brain. The only way to tell would be an MRI, and the best that could tell us is that there was something there; with a cat or dog there would be options but she’s a small animal and she’s old- Plus at the moment I wouldn’t be convinced that she’d make it through the anaes