Skip to main content

Stash Enhancement!

I’ve had a lovely lovely week away at my parents, only thwarted by the fact of actually having to return to work. Booo.

I managed to get a lot done while I was away, but today I want to show you some pretties I bought!

 

P1030607

Some Superba Bamboo Superwash – I’m heavily debating making this into socks for my dad, who really enjoys his bamboo walking socks (not hand made) but I’m a bit worried the colours will be a little bit too bright for him. If not it will certainly become socks for me! The only thing I bought at M&G Designs in Louth this year – I was very reserved!

P1030610

This is a new yarn to me Juniper Moon Findley; the brown is Rusty Copper and the blue is Rappahannock – named after a river in East Virginia apparently. They’re both laceweight and between the two I should have enough yardage for a cardigan probably (especially if I get back on the diet!) and I bought both of these at A Good Yarn in Cleethorpes.

P1030611

Fibre enhancement to cheer myself up arrived while I was away too. This is Wildcraft Fibres “Tawny Owl” a BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) Silk blend. I’m very much looking forward to spinning this up.

P1030614

My wonderful friend Angie treated me to these for my birthday! West Yorkshire Spinners signature 4ply yarn in “Owl” which is the variegated and “Poppy seed” which is the coordinating lovely grey. The bar of very tasty chocolate went down a treat as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

Staycation

Hello all! I’ve had a very busy weekend with my parents being down. While waiting for them to come down I got another 4 squares done on my sock yarn blanket. The left two are from a special mini skein I was given several years ago. I’m not entirely sure when I got given it, but it was a very small skein, probably under 20 yards. Just right to add into my blanket and serve as a reminder though! Saturday we went to Dyffryn gardens – A national trust property that they’re working on restoring. None of us are gardeners, but there was such a lovely selection – In the summer I’ll borrow more photos off my mum’s camera as I thought I’d forgotten mine for the start. Rhys was very enamoured by the cactus room. Sunday we were up and off an on. We went on some Segway’s at Chepstow diving centre, as we booked so late 9am was the only time slot, which was nice as we got to have the rest of the day to ourselves. Poor Mum fell off at the last bit (she’d misjud

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started