Skip to main content

Crafty Little Rat Podcast - Episode 12

Some minor technical difficulties this week - but I do like the new recording software better! I'll try and make it so I fill the whole screen next week!

The audio sequencing is out too. Sorry :(




You’re Still Working on That


Drops Paris - Aran Weight Yarn 100% cotton. 4.0mm hook

12 - Red
13 – Orange
14- Strong Yellow
11 – Opal Green
10 - Dark Turquoise
09 – Strong Blue
08 – Dark Purple



Stylecraft Special DK – 100% Acrylic

Lobelia - 1825
Boysenberry - 1828
Grass - 1821
Tomato - 1723
Pistachio - 1822
Mustard – 1823
Duck Egg - 1820
Cypress – 1824
Fuscia - 1827
Kelly Green – 1826
Empire – 1829

Zoom Loom Squares 2016 - Assorted yarns

Dr Who Socks

Knit Picks Felici - Time Traveller. 64 stitch sock; own pattern 2.25mm Knit Pro Zing



FO Frenzy


Linen Diamonds

Lithuanian Linen – Midwinter Yarns 100% Linen. 450 m to 100g.

3.0 mm needles – Colourway is 915 Claret
No Pattern – Self designed shawl. Top down, triangular.
 I used 86g or 387m 423yards

Miju Wools Hand dyed – Summer Meadow. 3.0mm hook
Tunisian Wingspan- Amy Depew
West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply - Country Birds - 864 Wood Pigeon
87g - 348 Meters (380 yards)
5.0mm Tunisian Crochet Hook; Knit Pro.
Daughter of a Shephered Hebridean 23rd July 2015 Clip.
44g - 102m (112 yards)
4.0mm needle
Ashford 16 inch Ridgid Heddle Loom. 7.5 dent Heddle.
Kirkton House Craft Magic Baby DK (Weft)
Stylecraft Special DK (Warp)
In a Spin
Porpoise Fur - Corridale  in Golden Mean. Aim is to ply as a 2 ply. 1st Bobbin complete.

Oooh Shiny!

 Candy Speckles and The Joker - Hand Dyed at Miju Wools 1st Saturday of the Month Dye session.

West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply Cocktails Range - Blue Lagoon and Rum Paradise

Blacker Yarns - Cornish Tin DK Botallack Blue

James C Brett Marble Chunky - MC61

Truly Hooked Monty Python themed Box - The Bright Side of Life, sock yarn.

Drops Heart You 5 - 124 (lime) 112 (grey) 126 (dark Green) and 119 (Teal)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFYL Day 3-

  Yesterday was a day off because I worked all day. The idea is to get the house to a stage where 20 mins a day in the dedicated room will do it; but we are not yet at that stage so I had a day off. OH did some laundry and attempted to scrub at a mould stain. Today- Bathroom, Spare Room and Cupboard Under the stairs.   Bathroom:   Before So to start off with grout got scrubbed. See the little white patch in the before? That was where I’d attacked it with baking soda about a week ago. As a result the bathroom was clean-ish but horribly cluttered. I got rid of any bottles that we didn’t use anymore, any face cloths that were damaged because they hadn’t been washed in a while (Note to self, next paycheck buy new ones- Ebay?) and just generally sorted. All surfaces got wiped down including the outside of the toilet bowl, the stem of the sink, the pipes behind the loo, the outside of the bath and the skirting boards. Emptied the bin, removed that POS “organiser” from around the stem

Welcome back!

 It's been a good few years since I wrote here on this blog. Throughout 2020 I've had thoughts of dusting it off and starting again, and here I am. If it sticks; I'm not sure - but I'd like to try. What's happened since 2018? Quite a bit really, in October 2018 I got a promotion at work, that involved a lot of travelling and in May 2019 we bought our first home, finally getting off the rental market. We've done a lot of work on the house - and I might do a post all about that at some point in the future. We've already experienced some of the "bigger" home owner things - like needing a new boiler as well as the smaller things like decorating. We've both been lucky during 2020 as we're able to work from home, and although my job has been busier than ever we've not had to suffer through furlough or redundancies. I've also been much happier to weather this storm in our own home, rather than our last rented place! 2020 also had it's

2016 Round Up!

So a bit late, but better late then never for a round up! 2016 has been a year; there's been a few diamonds in the rough and a few wonderful people who've gotten me through but overall wowza, what a year. Yarn Craft wise,I've used   19,586 Meters in 41 Projects For comparison 2015 was 22,752 meters in 42 projects 2014 was 11,464 meters in 33 projects 2013 was 12,732 meters in 25 projects This year that breaks down as 4 Hats, 17 Pairs of Socks, 14 Shawls and a scarf 4 Blankets 1 Pair of Mittens, I also managed most of a Cardigan. I ended the year with 2 fronts, a back and 1 finished sleeve. It will get finished (at some point) in 2017; and I'll count the yardage for 2017. Hats Konglelua - the second hat on the top row has been my go to hat all of this year. Pretty, soft and warm! The blueberry Waffles hat from Daughter of a Shepherd - bottom right has has some great wear too! Socks  This year I really changed up how I do socks. I started